Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 4:27 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

> Would it be possible to make it robust so that we could always run it
> with "make check"? This seems like an important corner case to
> regression test.

Okay, I've attached a new version of the patch and a new version of
the repro that may be fast and stable enough to commit. It is more
minimal than the previous version. I made the table as small as I
could to still trigger two rounds of index vacuuming. I tried to make
it as stable as possible. I also removed the cursor on the standby
that could trigger recovery conflicts. It would be super helpful if
someone could take a look at the test and point out any ways I could
make it even more likely to be stable.

- Melanie

Attachment