Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning
Date
Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 5:28 PM Melanie Plageman
<melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
> When there are no indexes on the relation, we can set would-be dead
> items LP_UNUSED and remove them during pruning. This saves us a vacuum
> WAL record, reducing WAL volume (and time spent writing and syncing
> WAL).
> Note that (on principle) this patch set is on top of the bug fix I
> proposed in [1].
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAKRu_YiL%3D44GvGnt1dpYouDSSoV7wzxVoXs8m3p311rp-TVQQ%40mail.gmail.com

Rebased on top of fix in b2e237afddc56a and registered for the january fest
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4665/

- Melanie

Attachment