Re: prevent immature WAL streaming - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amul Sul
Subject Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 8:14 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2021-Sep-24, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > Here's the set for all branches, which I think are really final, in case
> > somebody wants to play and reproduce their respective problem scenarios.
> > Nathan already confirmed that his reproducer no longer shows a problem,
> > and this version shouldn't affect that.
>
> Pushed.  Watching for buildfarm fireworks now.

While reading this commit (ff9f111bce24), wondered can't we skip
missingContrecPtr global variable declaration and calculate that from
abortedRecPtr value whenever it needed. IIUC, missingContrecPtr is the
calculated as "abortedRecPtr + (XLOG_BLCKSZ - (abortedRecPtr %
XLOG_BLCKSZ))", thoughts? Please correct me if I'm missing something,
thanks.

Regards,
Amul