Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amul Sul
Subject Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 4:34 AM SATYANARAYANA NARLAPURAM
<satyanarlapuram@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to this feature and I have been thinking about it for sometime. There are several use cases with marking database
readonly (no transaction log generation). Some of the examples in a hosted service scenario are 1/ when customer runs
outof storage space, 2/ Upgrading the server to a different major version (current server can be set to read only, new
onecan be built and then switch DNS), 3/ If user wants to force a database to read only and not accept writes, may be
forimport / export a database.

Thanks for voting & listing the realistic use cases.

Regards,
Amul