Re: Proposal for internal Numeric to Uint64 conversion function. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amul Sul
Subject Re: Proposal for internal Numeric to Uint64 conversion function.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 4:50 PM Peter Eisentraut

> On 16.02.22 06:00, Amul Sul wrote:
> > Currently, numeric_pg_lsn is the only one that accepts the Numeric
> > value and converts to uint64 and that is the reason all the type
> > conversion code is embedded into it.
>
> There are other functions such as numeric_int8() that work similarly.
> If you are going to refactor, then they should all be treated similarly.
>   I'm not sure if it's going to end up being beneficial.

Yeah, that's true, I am too not sure if we really need to refactor
all those; If we want, I can give it a try.

The intention here is to add a function that will convert numeric to
uint64 --  we don't have any as of now, if I am not wrong.

Regards,
Amul