Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amul Sul
Subject Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb
Date
Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 2:05 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Mon, 19 Apr 2021 12:56:18 +0530, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote in

> > > No objections from here to do that now even after feature freeze.  I
> > > also wonder, while looking at that, why you don't just remove the last
> > > call within src/backend/catalog/heap.c.  This way, nobody is tempted
> > > to use RelationOpenSmgr() anymore, and it could just be removed from
> > > rel.h.
> >
> > Agree, did the same in the attached version, thanks.
>
> +       smgrwrite(RelationGetSmgr(index), INIT_FORKNUM, BLOOM_METAPAGE_BLKNO,
>                           (char *) metapage, true);
> -       log_newpage(&index->rd_smgr->smgr_rnode.node, INIT_FORKNUM,
> +       log_newpage(&(RelationGetSmgr(index))->smgr_rnode.node, INIT_FORKNUM,
>
> At the log_newpage, index is guaranteed to have rd_smgr. So I prefer
> to leave the line alone..  I don't mind other sccessive calls if any
> since what I don't like is the notation there.

Perhaps, isn't that bad. It is good to follow the practice of using
RelationGetSmgr() for rd_smgr access, IMHO.

> > P.S. commitfest entry https://commitfest.postgresql.org/33/3084/
>
> Isn't this a kind of open item?

Sorry, I didn't get you. Do I need to move this to some other bucket?

Regards,
Amul