Re: Postgresql 9.5 and Shell scripts/variables vs. C programming/defining a value to be used - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McKown
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.5 and Shell scripts/variables vs. C programming/defining a value to be used
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Poul Kristensen <bcc5226@gmail.com> wrote:
I think I understand.
When I use this in my code I get
"undefined reference to `PQexecParms'

​The correct name is PQexecParams (note the last "a"). Sorry I missed that when first looking.​ Also, just to be sure, did you include the argument "-lpq" on the compile command to point to the PostgreSQL library for linking?

when compiling.

references in main is

const char *conninfo; /* connection string  to the database */
PGconn *conn; /* connection to the database */
PGresult *res; /* result of sql query */
int   nFields;  /* print out the attribute names */
int i; / * print the columns */
     j;

Is the a reserved reference to use with

Reserved res = PQexecParms(conn.... )

Then I assume that I have to use another reference than res.

Thanks.

/Poul

--
Heisenberg may have been here.