Re: Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aakash Goel
Subject Re: Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I</span><brstyle="style" /><span style="style">> get the point of logical replication that requires a physical
masterto be emitting logical replication<br /> > records to start with, since it already has all the right names
wantto emphasize that any system which uses the logical reader setup, including a replication system, tends to be very
computationallyintensive on the database which it queries all so often. In most of the environments, the source
databaseis the main database, and as such, any performance degradation on this database is very bad.</div><div
physicalreplica, our source database, which is the main database, still functions at the same throughput.</div><div
runa little slower than it could if it were using the main database, we have made sure that our performance critical
mainsource database is not affected in performance at all.</div>