Re: Forward declaration of table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Farber
Subject Re: Forward declaration of table
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Igor,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:

mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Farber

Certain MOVE exists only within particular GAME: no GAME -> no MOVE (on delete cascade).

So, you don’t need mid1, mid2 columns in WORD_GAMES table.

What you need is this column in WORD_MOVES table:

gid integer REFERENCES WORD_GAMES ON DELETE CASCADE

you are correct, but I need to send most recent move in each game together with the other game data.

If I don't store the recent moves in mid1, mid2 then I'd have to retrieve them every time dynamically with

WITH last_moves AS (
  SELECT *
  FROM words_moves wm1
  WHERE