Re: Not sure which part of the query needs optimization - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Farber
Subject Re: Not sure which part of the query needs optimization
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you for the comments, Andrew -

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
The obvious thing to do is to keep a computed average score for each
user - either in a separate table which you update based on changes to
words_moves, which you could do with a trigger, or using a materialized
view which you refresh at suitable intervals (this has the drawback that
the data will not be immediately up-to-date).

Combining these two changes should get you to under 100ms, maybe.

I was considering creating a cronjob, but now I will better create a trigger as you have suggested

Regards
Alex