Re: Support logical replication of DDLs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zheng Li
Subject Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > But then this could be true for DML as well right?  Like after
> > replicating the function to the subscriber if we are sending the DML
> > done by function then what's the problem in DDL.  I mean if there is
> > no design issue in implementing this then I don't think there is much
> > point in blocking the same or even providing configuration for this.
>
> Agreed. I'll unblock DDLs in functions/procedures and test it out. I
> find out some DDLs in functions are replicated multiple times on the
> subscriber while they should only be replicated once. Still trying to
> figure out why.

Here is the patch unblocking DDLs in function and procedures. Also
fixed a bug where DDL with sub-command may get logged twice.
github commit of the same patch:
https://github.com/zli236/postgres/commit/d0fe6065ee3cb6051e5b026f17b82f5220903e6f

Regards,
Zheng