Re: Support logical replication of DDLs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zheng Li
Subject Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Attaching support for TEXT SEARCH commands, which includes:
-CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION/PARSER/DICTIONARY/TEMPLATE
-DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION/PARSER/DICTIONARY/TEMPLATE
-ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION and ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY
-ALTER TEXT SEARCH RENAME CONFIGURATION/PARSER/DICTIONARY/TEMPLATE

Regards,
Zheng

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 10:57 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 10:38 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 12:18 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 4:14 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >

> Attaching support for CREATE/ALTER/DROP EXTENSION ddl deparsing and replication.
> One of the issues faced during replication of "CREATE EXTENSION.." was
> that it internally
> results in internally generated commands to create functions,
> operators etc. If these
> sql commands are replicated, then the actual "create extension"
> command when replicated
> will error out because of duplication. To avoid this, I used the
> "in_extension" variable in the
> "collected command" which is set when an extension is being created.
> If this variable is set, then
> avoid sql commands other than "CREATE EXTENSION" from being replicated.
>

> This patch-set also adds a 5th patch from Vignesh C for supporting the
> "GRANT" command.
>
> However the following global objects are not supported:
> 1) Foreign data wrapper
> 2) parameter - ex: grant all on parameter wal_buffers TO test;
> 3) tablespace -  ex: grant create on tablespace tbs1 to test;
> 4) database -  ex: grant all on database postgres to test;
> 5) role -  ex: grant test to test1; -- no event trigger for global objects
>
> Thanks Vignesh!
>
> regards,
> Ajin Cherian
> Fujitsu Australia