Re: Dead rows not getting removed during vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Granthana Biswas
Subject Re: Dead rows not getting removed during vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Sergey,

We don't have two-phase commit prepared transactions. During vacuum, along with this problem we are also facing streaming replication issue. Hundreds of xlogs are in ready state in pg_xlog/archive_status. Those are being copied manually after vacuum otherwise rsync happens very slowly and replication lag keeps increasing.

Regards,
Granthana

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Granthana Biswas <granthana@zedo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever faced the issue of dead rows not getting removed during
> vacuum even if there are no open transactions/connections?

What does the pg_prepared_xacts view show?

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com