Re: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yasir
Subject Re: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 4:58 PM Yasir Shah <yasir.hussain.shah@gmail.com> wrote:
make installcheck-world:  tested, failed         (meson test, passed)
Implements feature:       tested, failed            (tested, passed)
Spec compliant:           not tested                   (tested, passed with suggestion)
Documentation:            not tested

Please ignore the above 4 lines in my review. See my comments in blue.

Hi,

I have verified following:
  - Bug exits in PG17. I also checked it in PG16 but it does not exits there.
  - After applying your patch, I can confirm that bug get fixed.
  - no regression found. I ran "meson test".
  - I would like to suggest you that #includes should be included at appropriate location keeping the #includes alphabetically sorted, what I observed in the PG code as a standard:
    Your patch:
    #include <versionhelpers.h>
    #include <tlhelp32.h>

    It should be like: