Re: Support Python 3 tests under MSVC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Support Python 3 tests under MSVC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 4:52 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 4/30/18 15:52, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> I'd like to apply these - they only affect the testing script
>> vcregress.pl, so they should be very low risk.
>
> In case there are concerns about maintaining a second copy of the
> "mangle" script: The obvious answer is to rewrite that script in Python.
>  I tried that once upon a time but it got too complicated.

Well, as you can see I have rewritten it in perl :-) We could extract
that into a perl package and centralize it, but I'm not sure it's
worth the trouble.

Here's a new version of the master patch. I wasn't able to resist the
temptation to do a little cleaning up. In particular, we really don't
need to call python to tell us which version we have - we can do what
we do elsewhere and look to see what python build directory we have. I
also removed the completely redundant first parameter of
subdircheck().

cheers

andrew

Attachment