Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 1:50 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> > On Jan 17, 2020, at 12:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> >> Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set
> >
> > Shoulda been a catversion bump in here, if only for protocol's sake.
> >
> > (A useful rule of thumb is "if you won't pass the regression tests
> > without doing an initdb, there should be a catversion change".)
> >

> Argh! Will fix when back at my desk

I'd love to have a git pre-commit hook that would warn about this, it
seems to happen several times a year, and I know I've transgressed
more than once. Not sure what the rules should be, something like if
you changed src/include/catalog/* but not
src/include/catalog/catversion.h ?

cheers

andrew