tds_fdw 1.0.2 - Foreign Data Wrapper for MS SQL Server and Sybase - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Geoff Montee
Subject tds_fdw 1.0.2 - Foreign Data Wrapper for MS SQL Server and Sybase
Date
List pgsql-announce
Hi all,

Today, I am releasing version 1.0.2 of tds_fdw, a TDS foreign data
wrapper. It can be used to connect to Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase
databases. This should work on PostgreSQL 9.1+.

New in this version:

* Fixed bug causing negative row count estimations in query plans. See
issues #14 and #15.

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/issues/14

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/issues/15

* Added "database" and "dbuse" options to foreign server objects. This
also fixes issues with Microsoft Azure. See issues #23.

* Added "tds_version" option to foreign server objects. See issue #24.

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/issues/24

* Added "row_estimate_method" option to foreign table objects. Default
value is "execute". If set to "execute", tds_fdw will execute a query
on the remote table and count the number of rows used to build the
query plan. If set to "showplan_all", tds_fdw will use MS SQL Server's
"SET SHOWPLAN_ALL" feature to get the estimated the number of rows
used to build the query plan. I hope to add a Sybase optimization
eventually.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187735.aspx

* General code refactoring, mostly related to options and row estimations.

This version does not support write operations, predicate push-downs,
or join push-downs.

For installation instructions and reporting issues, please see GitHub:

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/archive/v1.0.2.zip

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/archive/v1.0.2.tar.gz

http://pgxn.org/dist/tds_fdw/