[NOVICE] (Stateless and Distributed) Transaction in Event Driven Architecture - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Piyush Katariya
Subject [NOVICE] (Stateless and Distributed) Transaction in Event Driven Architecture
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello Folks,

I am aiming to use PG in an application which has distributed event driven architecture. (CSP/Actor based)

I wanted to know if it possible to carry out transactions across distributed process/machines using different PG connections.

1.  Machine A starts transaction with connection1
2.  Machine A delegates request to Machine B
3.  Machine B opens connection2
4.  Machine B does some updates
5.  Machine B delegates request to Machine C
6.  Machine C opens connection3
7.  Machine C does some updates
8.  Machine C commits transaction

Now in order to make it happen, I need to issue some sort of transaction_token to PG when transaction starts at Machine A and forwards it to other machines so that transaction context is not lost while making select/update/insert/delete calls to PG ?

Is it possible through any native PG features or any plugin ? Is it too much to ask for ?

--
Thanks,
Piyush Katariya