Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Blomstrom
Subject Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP)
Date
Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP)  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP)  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP)  (Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net>)
List pgsql-general
Just so I understand what's going on, I can create a lookup table by pasting this code...

create table taxon (
  taxonid serial,
  descr text
);
create table gz_life_mammals (
  id serial,
  taxonid integer, -- use the lookup table
  parentid integer -- use the lookup table
);

...into pgAdmin III, right? (I can't use the shell/terminal at the moment, and it will be at least a few weeks before I can get it fixed.) And this script will create TWO tables - gz_life_mammals and a matching "lookup table"?