Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Date
Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 4:48 PM Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 12:24, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Probably, for now at least, what everyone seems to agree is to take my
> > earlier attached patch forward.
> >
> > I am going to see if I can add a TAP test for the patch, and will add
> > the patch into the commitfest soon.
>
> Attached is an updated patch v2.

I see that you have made changes in ReorderBufferRestoreChanges to use
PathNameOpenFile, but not in ReorderBufferSerializeTXN.  Is there a
reason for the same?  In my test environment, with the test provided
by you, I got the error (reported in this thread) via
ReorderBufferSerializeTXN.  See call stack below:

!errfinish(int dummy=0, ...)  Line 441 C
!OpenTransientFilePerm(const char * fileName=0x012deeac, int
fileFlags=33033, unsigned short fileMode=384)  Line 2272 + 0x57 bytes
!OpenTransientFile(const char * fileName=0x012deeac, int
fileFlags=33033)  Line 2256 + 0x15 bytes C
!ReorderBufferSerializeTXN(ReorderBuffer * rb=0x01ee4d80,
ReorderBufferTXN * txn=0x1f9a6ce8)  Line 2302 + 0x11 bytes C
!ReorderBufferIterTXNInit(ReorderBuffer * rb=0x01ee4d80,
ReorderBufferTXN * txn=0x01f08f80)  Line 1044 + 0xd bytes C

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.