Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()
Date
Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 3:15 PM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

> Please find attached a patch proposal to avoid the failed assertion (by ensuring that
ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()being triggered with "addition" set to false in ReorderBufferToastReplace() is done
afterthe elog(ERROR,)).

The error can occur at multiple places (like via palloc or various
other places) between the first time we subtract the change_size and
add it back after the change is re-computed. I think the correct fix
would be that in the beginning we just compute the change_size by
ReorderBufferChangeSize and then after re-computing the change, we
just subtract the old change_size and add the new change_size. What do
you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.