Re: [HACKERS] [BUG FIX] Removing NamedLWLockTrancheArray - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [BUG FIX] Removing NamedLWLockTrancheArray
Date
List pgsql-hackers

in<20170306.155856.198084190.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>

>> > I can guess two ways to fix this. One is change the definition of
>> > T_NAME.

>> > It makes the patch small but I don't thing the shape is
>> > desirable.
>> >
>> > Then, the other way is registering named tranches into the main
>> > tranche array. The number and names of the requested named
>> > tranches are known to postmaster so they can be allocated and
>> > initialized at the time.
>> >
>> > The mapping of the shared memory is inherited to backends so
>> > pointing to the addresses in shared memory will work in the
>> > !EXEC_BACKEND case. I confirmed that the behavior is ensured also
>> > in EXEC_BACKEND case.
>
> But this doesn't work for
> LWLockNewTrancheId/LWLockRegisterTranche and it is valuable
> interface. So the measure we can take is redefining T_NAME.

In RegisterLWLockTranches(), we do register the named tranches as well
which should make it available in LWLockTrancheArray.  Do you see any
reason why that shouldn't work?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.