Re: logical replication worker accesses catalogs in error context callback - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: logical replication worker accesses catalogs in error context callback
Date
Re: logical replication worker accesses catalogs in error context callback  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 9:38 AM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 7:48 AM Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for pointing to the changes in the commit message. I corrected
> them. Attaching v4 patch set, consider it for further review.

About 0001, have we tried to reproduce the actual bug here which means
when the error_callback is called we should face some problem? I feel
with the correct testcase we should hit the Assert
(Assert(IsTransactionState());) in SearchCatCacheInternal because
there we expect the transaction to be in a valid state. I understand
that the transaction is in a broken state at that time but having a
testcase to hit the actual bug makes it easy to test the fix.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.