Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 8:58 AM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 4:51 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 3:26 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Here is the patch which addresses the above comments. Also optimized
> > > the test a little bit. Now we use pg_sync_replication_slots() function
> > > instead of worker to test the operator-redirection using search-patch.
> > > This has been done to simplify the test case and reduce the added
> > > time.
> > >

> > I have slightly adjusted the comments in the attached, otherwise, LGTM.
>
> This patch was pushed (commit: b3f6b14) and it resulted in BF failure:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2024-02-29%2012%3A49%3A27

Yeah, we forgot to allow proper authentication on Windows for
non-superusers used in the test. We need to use: "auth_extra => [
'--create-role', 'repl_role' ])" in the test. See attached. I'll do
some more testing with this and then push it.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment