Re: Fix for parallel BTree initialization bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Fix for parallel BTree initialization bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 11:55 PM Jameson, Hunter 'James'
<hunjmes@amazon.com> wrote:

> Hi, I ran across a small (but annoying) bug in initializing parallel BTree scans, which causes the parallel-scan
statemachine to get confused.

> To reproduce, you need a query that:
>

> 1. Executes parallel BTree index scan;
>
> 2. Has an IN-list of size > 1;
>
> 3. Has an additional index filter that makes it impossible to satisfy the
>
>     first IN-list condition.
>

> (We encountered such a query, and therefore the bug, on a production instance.)

I think I can understand what you are pointing out here but it would
be great if you can have a reproducible test case because that will
make it apparent and we might want to include that in the regression
tests if possible.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.