Re: row filtering for logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 5:42 PM Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2022, at 8:45 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>
> While working on the column filtering patch, which touches about the
> same places, I noticed two minor gaps in testing:
>
> 1) The regression tests do perform multiple ALTER PUBLICATION commands,
> tweaking the row filter. But there are no checks the row filter was
> actually modified / stored in the catalog. It might be just thrown away
> and no one would notice.
>
> The test that row filter was modified is available in a previous section. The
> one that you modified (0001) is testing the supported objects.

Right. But if Tomas thinks it is good to add for these ones as well
then I don't mind.

> 153 ALTER PUBLICATION testpub5 ADD TABLE testpub_rf_tbl3 WHERE (e > 1000 AND e < 2000);
> 154 \dRp+ testpub5
> 155 ALTER PUBLICATION testpub5 DROP TABLE testpub_rf_tbl2;
> 156 \dRp+ testpub5
> 157 -- remove testpub_rf_tbl1 and add testpub_rf_tbl3 again (another WHERE expression)
> 158 ALTER PUBLICATION testpub5 SET TABLE testpub_rf_tbl3 WHERE (e > 300 AND e < 500);
> 159 \dRp+ testpub5
>
> IIRC this test was written before adding the row filter information into the
> psql. We could add \d+ testpub_rf_tbl3 before and after the modification.

Agreed. We can use \d instead of \d+ as row filter is available with \d.

> 2) There are no pg_dump tests.
>
> WFM.

This is a miss. I feel we can add a few more.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.