Re: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 9:42 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the modified patch. I have a few more comments and suggestions:

As the thread [1] is still not concluded, I suggest we fix the
duplicate data case only when schemas are involved by slightly
tweaking the code as per attached. This is just to give you an idea
about what I have in mind, if you find a better solution then feel
free to let me know.

Few additional minor comments:
1.
+-- Test the list of partitions published

Shall we change the above comment as: "Test the list of partitions
published with or without 'PUBLISH_VIA_PARTITION_ROOT' parameter"?

2. psql documentation for \dRp[+] needs to be modified.

\dRp
Before:
" .. If + is appended to the command name, the tables associated with
each publication are shown as well."
After:
" .. If + is appended to the command name, the tables and schemas
associated with each publication are shown as well.

Apart from the above, I think we should merge the first four patches
as there doesn't seem to be any big problems pending. We can keep
still keep tests added by 025_rep_changes_for_schema.pl as a separate
patch as there might be some timing-dependent tests in that file.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB57167F45D481F78CDC5986F794B99%40OS0PR01MB5716.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

--
With Regards,