Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:07 PM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I looked at this patchset and it seemed natural to apply 0008 next
> (adding work_mem to subscriptions).

I am not so sure whether we need this patch as the exact scenario
where it can help is not very clear to me and neither did anyone
explained.  I have raised this concern earlier as well [1].  The point
is that 'logical_decoding_work_mem' applies to the entire
ReorderBuffer in the publisher's side and how will a parameter from a
particular subscription help in that?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1J%2B3kab6RSZrgj0YiQV1r%2BH3FWVaNjKhWvpEe5-bpZiBw%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,