Re: Avoid streaming the transaction which are skipped (in corner cases) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Avoid streaming the transaction which are skipped (in corner cases)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 11:55 AM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 6:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 3:41 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think we need something like this[1] so that we can better control
> > > the streaming.
> > >

> > +1. The additional advantage would be that we can generate parallel
> > apply and new streaming tests with much lesser data. Shi-San, can you
> > please start a new thread for the GUC patch proposed by you as
> > indicated by Dilip?
> >

> OK, I started a new thread for it. [1]

Thanks. I think it is better to go ahead with this patch and once we
decide what is the right thing to do in terms of GUC then we can try
to add additional tests for this. Anyway, it is not that the code
added by this patch is not getting covered by existing tests. What do
you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.