Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 5:37 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 5:30 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I think we can check with simple error messages.  So, basically after
>> setting a particular value of LC_MESSAGES, execute a query which
>> returns syntax or any other error, if the error message is the same
>> irrespective of the locale name returned by _create_locale and
>> GetLocaleInfoEx, then we should be fine.  I want to especially try
>> where the return value is slightly different by _create_locale and
>> GetLocaleInfoEx.   I know Davinder is trying something like this but
>> if you can also try then it would be good.
>

> I have composed a small set of queries to test the output with different lc_message settings (lc_messages_test.sql).
Pleasefind attached the output from debug3 logging using both EnumSystemLocalesEx (lc_messages_EnumSystemLocalesEx.log)
and_create_locale (lc_messages_create_locale.log).

Thanks, I will verify these.  BTW, have you done something special to
get the error messages which are not in English because on my Windows
box I am not getting that in spite of setting it to the appropriate
locale.  Did you use ICU or something else?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.