Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 3:36 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Few other comments which I have not fixed:

+    /* interface function to support parallel vacuum */
+    amestimateparallelvacuum_function amestimateparallelvacuum; /*
can be NULL */
 } IndexAmRoutine;

One more thing, why have you removed the estimate function for API
patch?  It seems to me Robert has given a different suggestion [1] to
deal with it.  I think he suggests to add a new member like void
*private_data to IndexBulkDeleteResult and then provide an estimate
function.  See his email [1] for detailed explanation.  Did I
misunderstood it or you have handled it differently?  Can you please
share your thoughts on this?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmobjtHdLfQhmzqBNt7VEsz%2B5w3P0yy0-EsoT05yAJViBSQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,