Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 6:11 AM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:

> While working on avoiding unnecessary wakeups in logical/worker.c (as was
> done for walreceiver.c in 05a7be9), I noticed that the tests began taking
> much longer.  This seems to be caused by the reduced frequency of calls to
> maybe_reread_subscription() in LogicalRepApplyLoop().

I think it would be interesting to know why tests started taking more
time after a reduced frequency of calls to
maybe_reread_subscription(). IIRC, we anyway call
maybe_reread_subscription for each xact.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.