Re: WAL consistency check facility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: WAL consistency check facility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, what's the use case of allowing only a certain set of rmgrs to
> be checked. Wouldn't a simple on/off switch be simpler?

I think there should be a way to test WAL for one particular resource
manager.  For example, if someone develops a new index or some other
heap storage, only that particular module can be verified.  Generating
WAL for all the resource managers together can also serve the purpose,
but it will be slightly difficult to verify it.

> As presented,
> wal_consistency_mask is also going to be very quite confusing for
> users. You should not need to apply some maths to set up this
> parameter, a list of rmgr names may be more adapted if this level of
> tuning is needed,

Yeah, that can be better.

--
With Regards,