Re: pgsql: Remove some code for old unsupported versions of MSVC - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove some code for old unsupported versions of MSVC
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM Peter Eisentraut

> On 2020-04-29 09:05, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:23 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Remove some code for old unsupported versions of MSVC
> >>
> >> As of d9dd406fe281d22d5238d3c26a7182543c711e74, we require MSVC 2013,
> >> which means _MSC_VER >= 1800.  This means that conditionals about
> >> older versions of _MSC_VER can be removed or simplified.
> >>

> > I wonder why this has not been backpatched to v12?
>
> It's not a bug fix, so I didn't even consider it.

Okay.

> Also, this patch was part of a series of changes and cleanups in the
> Windows builds, so I wouldn't even know offhand whether backpatching it
> by itself would result in a clean state.

This was a good patch and has made code much simpler.  It makes
changes to IsoLocaleName a lot easier.  I was thinking about whether
to make the changes in IsoLocaleName as part of this commit in v12 as
well.  We can't backpatch it in 11 or previous versions as the commit
(d9dd406fe281d22d5238d3c26a7182543c711e74) which made MSVC 2013 as a
minimum requirement is in v12.  As mentioned in my previous email,
this can help to fix another bug but we can leave it as well because
anyway for prior versions (versions < 12) we anyway need to prepare a
separate patch which can be used in v12 as well.

-
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.