Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 11:22 AM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:06 AM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com <shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Attached the new version of patch set. I also moved the partitioned table
> > check
> > in logicalrep_rel_mark_updatable() to check_relation_updatable() as
> > discussed
> > [2].
> >

> Attached back-branch patches of the first patch.

One minor comment:
+ /*
+ * If it is a partitioned table, we don't check it, we will check its
+ * partition later.
+ */

Can we change the above comment to: "For partitioned tables, we only
need to care if the target partition is updatable (aka has PK or RI
defined for it)."?

Apart from this looks good to me. I'll push this tomorrow unless there
are any more suggestions/comments.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.