Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 11:08 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 3:16 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I think so. But do you have any reason to believe that it won't be
> > required anymore?
>
> A temporary slot will not clash with a permanent slot of the same name,

I have tried below and it seems to be clashing:
postgres=# SELECT 'init' FROM
pg_create_logical_replication_slot('test_slot2', 'test_decoding');
 ?column?
----------
 init
(1 row)

postgres=# SELECT 'init' FROM
pg_create_logical_replication_slot('test_slot2', 'test_decoding',
true);
ERROR:  replication slot "test_slot2" already exists

Note that the third parameter in the second statement above indicates
whether it is a temporary slot or not. What am I missing?
--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.