Re: Write Ahead Logging for Hash Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Write Ahead Logging for Hash Indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:40 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Amit Kapila wrote:
>
>> How about attached?
>
> That works; pushed.

Thanks.

> (I removed a few #includes from the new file.)

oops, copied from hash.h and forgot to remove those.

>> If you want, I think we can one step further and move hash_redo to a
>> new file hash_xlog.c which is required for main patch, but we can
>> leave it for later as well.
>
> I think that can be a part of the main patch.

Okay, makes sense.  Any suggestions on splitting the main patch or in
general on design/implementation is welcome.

I will rebase the patches on the latest commit.  Current status is
that, I have fixed the problems reported by Jeff Janes and Mark
Kirkwood.  Currently, we are doing the stress testing of the patch
using pgbench, once that is done, will post a new version.  I am
hoping that it will be complete in this week.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.