Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 4:16 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 2021-Oct-01, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > I think a straight standalone variable (probably a static boolean in
> > xloginsert.c) might be less confusing.
>
> I have written two patches, Approach1 is as you described using a
> static boolean and Approach2 as a local variable to XLogAssembleRecord
> as described by Amit, attached both of them for your reference.
> IMHO, either of these approaches looks cleaner.

I have tried to improve some comments and a variable name in the
Approach-2 (use local variable) patch and also reverts one of the
comments introduced by the commit ade24dab97. I am fine if we decide
to go with Approach-1 as well but personally, I would prefer to keep
the code consistent with nearby code.

Let me know what you think of the attached?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment