Re: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 10, 2021, at 10:59 PM, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Also, the behavior of "Alter publication drop table" for which the
> > user is not the owner is successful, Is this behavior correct?
>
> I think that dropping a table from a publication should be allowed for the publication owner, without regard to the
ownerof the table.

> Adding a table to a publication is different, as it exposes the contents of the table.

..
..

> Clearly user2 cannot modify pub1, not even with respect to user2's own table.  user1 can modify its own publication
exceptfor adding someone else's table.  This seems correct to me.

That looks reasonable to me as well and I think we should follow the
same for the schema.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.