Re: On partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: On partitioning
Date
Re: On partitioning  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if your suggestion of pg_node_tree plays well here. This then could be a list of CONSTs or some such... And I am thinking it's a concern only for range partitions, no? (that is, a multicolumn partition key)
>
> I guess you could list or hash partition on multiple columns, too.

How would you distinguish values in list partition for multiple
columns? I mean for range partition, we are sure there will
be either one value for each column, but for list it could
be multiple and not fixed for each partition, so I think it will not
be easy to support the multicolumn partition key for list
partitions.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.