Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 11:20 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 9:11 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> v5-0001, incorporates all the comment fixes suggested by Alvaro.  and
> 0001 is an additional patch which moves
> MarkCurrentTransactionIdLoggedIfAny(), out of the critical section.

Thanks, both your patches look good to me except that we need to
remove the sentence related to the revert of ade24dab97 from the
commit message. I think we should backpatch the first patch to 14
where it was introduced and commit the second patch (related to moving
code out of critical section) only to HEAD but we can even backpatch
the second one till 9.6 for the sake of consistency. What do you guys
think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.