Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

On 06/08/2015 11:19 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:

I think Robert and Alvaro also seems to be inclined towards throwing
error for such a case, so let us do that way, but one small point is that
don't you think that similar code in destroy_tablespace_directories() under
label "remove_symlink:" should use similar logic?

Yes, probably.

Okay, I have updated the patch to destroy_tablespace_directories() code
as well in the attached patch. I have tried to modify
remove_tablespace_symlink(), so that it can be called from
destroy_tablespace_directories(), but that is making it more complex,
especially due to the reason that destroy_tablespace_directories()
treats ENOENT as warning rather than ignoring it.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Attachment