Re: Bump default wal_level to logical - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Bump default wal_level to logical
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 10:08 AM David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose $subject, as embodied in the attached patch. This
> makes it possible to discover and fulfill a need for logical
> replication that can arise at a time when bouncing the server has
> become impractical, i.e. when there is already high demand on it.

I think we should first do performance testing to see what is the
overhead of making this default.  I think pgbench read-write at
various scale factors would be a good starting point.  Also, we should
see how much additional WAL it generates as compared to current
default.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.