Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.
Date
Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 2:43 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz@depesz.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 10:35:17AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > > Wal file has been removed. Please note that the file was, as shown earlier, still within "restart_lsn" as
visibileon pg12/bionic.

> > This is quite strange and I am not able to see the reason why this can
> > happen. The only way to debug this problem that comes to mind is to
> > add more LOGS around the code that removes the WAL files. For example,
> > we can try to print the value of minimumslotLSN (keep) and logSegNo in
> > KeepLogSeg().
>
> That would require changing pg sources, I think, recompiling, and
> retrying?

Yes. BTW, are you on the latest release of pg12, if not then you can
once check the release notes to see if there is any related bug fix in
the later releases?

Is this problem reproducible? If so, can you find out why there are
multiple time connection issues between walsender and walreceiver?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.