Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 9:18 PM John Naylor <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think the first two patches (a) removal of dead code in bootstrap
> > and (b) the core patch to avoid creation of FSM file for the small
> > table are good now.  I have prepared the patches along with commit
> > message.  There is no change except for some changes in README and
> > commit message of the second patch.  Kindly let me know what you think
> > about them?
>
> Good to hear! The additional language is fine. In "Once the FSM is
> created for heap", I would just change that to "...for a heap".

Sure, apart from this I have run pgindent on the patches and make some
changes accordingly.  Latest patches attached (only second patch has
some changes).  I will take one more pass on Monday morning (28th Jan)
and will commit unless you or others see any problem.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment