Re: BUG #17993: FK issue on logical replication table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: BUG #17993: FK issue on logical replication table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jun 25, 2023 at 12:57 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Finally, it seems FK constraint does not apply in replication and delete
> signal from publisher can remove any referenced data in subscriber.
> In your docs there is not any line that notice this behavior, and if it is
> normal, please update your docs and notify me by email.

Isn't the behavior you are seeing is same as what is documented in the
description of GUC "session_replication_role"? See [1]. You might want
to set the value of "session_replication_role" as origin/local to see
if that works for your use case.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/runtime-config-client.html

--
With Regards,