Re: ALTER SYSTEM RESET? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM RESET?
Date
Re: ALTER SYSTEM RESET?  (Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a reason there's no ALTER SYSTEM RESET?
>
> The natural idiom to reset SET statements is "RESET guc;", I don't
> think "SET guc = default;" is in use much, so "ALTER SYSTEM RESET guc;"
> would be the natural way to try.

Currently you can achieve that by
"ALTER SYSTEM RESET guc = Default;".
However it will be good to have support for RESET as well.  I think it
should not be too complicated to implement that syntax, I personally
don't have bandwidth to it immediately, but I would like to take care
of it unless you or someone wants to do it by the time I get some
bandwidth.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.