Re: row filtering for logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:17 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> PROPOSAL
>
> I propose that we change the way duplicate tables are processed to
> make it so that it is always the *last* one that takes effect (instead
> of the *first* one).

I don't have a good reason to prefer one over another but I think if
we do this then we should document the chosen behavior. BTW, why not
give an error if the duplicate table is present and any one of them or
both have row-filters? I think the current behavior makes sense
because it makes no difference if the table is present more than once
in the list but with row-filter it can make difference so it seems to
me that giving an error should be considered.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.