Re: Pluggable storage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Pluggable storage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:
>>
>> Except these, there are some pretty strange and unrelated functions in
>> src/backend/catalog.
>> I'm willing to fix them, but I'd like to synchronize our efforts.
>
> I very much would like to stay away from touching src/backend/catalog,
> which are the functions that deal with system catalogs.  We can simply
> say that system catalogs are hardcoded to use heapam.c storage for now.

Does this mean that if any storage needs to access system catalog
information, they need to be aware of HeapTuple and other required
stuff like syscache?  Again, if they need to update some stats or
something like that, they need to be aware of heap tuple format.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.