Re: BUG in 10.1 - dsa_area could not attach to a segment that hasbeen freed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: BUG in 10.1 - dsa_area could not attach to a segment that hasbeen freed
Date
Re: BUG in 10.1 - dsa_area could not attach to a segment that hasbeen freed  (Alexander Voytsekhovskyy <young.inbox@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Alexander Voytsekhovskyy
<young.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Alexander Voytsekhovskyy
>> <young.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > in very certain case i am getting error
>> >
>> > "ERROR:  dsa_area could not attach to a segment that has been freed"
>> >

>> Can you try to get call stack so that we can get a better picture of
>> what is happening here?  One way could be you can change this ERROR to
>> PANIC which will generate core dump and you can get stack trace.
>>

> Yes, i can do both - i can reproduce it on test environment also
>
> is there somewhere manual for that?

You can get some information from the below link:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.